Monday, November 26, 2007

I believe.

I know that others saw Yeesha, saw her in K'veer and heard her promise to lead the Bahro away as long as she could, to give us time to build ourselves some sort of defense - we hope - and community - we hope.

Reading about it secondhand isn't the same thing as hearing her voice again for the first time in three years. To walk back to the Cleft and find another message there in the empty place where some hand dropped me to the ground like a seed, to grow, to live. Where I first heard her voice, and where I met her - briefly - years ago when I first felt the call.

She wasn't there - it was just a recording, words left for me like a sign post on the way - but it was what I needed to hear. The gardener has not forgotten her seeds. And while I am much more than a seed to be planted, and I can make my own choices, informed or not as I wish, there is a consolation to knowing that there is a living link to history still out there, reaching her hands out of the past to the future that we are.

Yes, Yeesha, I believe. D'mala.

No comments: