Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Concert

Surface life ate my brain. Or perhaps, March ate my brain. Either way, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Last Sunday, we pulled off the Concert. I love being in the Cavern Choir. I really, really do. Yes, it's a lot of work, but I think we must have sung to over a hundred people, and it was very, very crowded in the Beginners' Bevin while we were singing. Even with folks sitting and standing and generally being quiet, we had real problems with the broadcasting systems. I have new sympathy for what Laxman goes through with the KI every time somebody finds a new bug.

The interface between it and the speakers in the community room was pretty laggy - the D'ni were definitely not experts in wireless technology! - and I was so busy fighting with my KI that I couldn't answer requests for a sound check from the audience, so some people may not have been able to hear as well as I would've liked. Folks listening to the surface broadcast had much better sound quality, to judge from the feedback we got afterward.

Still, in spite of technological hiccups and the muffling effect of too many people in too small a space, we sounded VERY good. And the recordings are still available on our soundstage that the CCN is hosting for us, so if anyone missed the concert, they can at least hear the music.

Here's the link, in case anyone hasn't got it.

Next time, maybe the Concert Hall will be finished and we can sing there!

And next time, maybe all of our sopranos won't come down with colds right before the concert...

(CCN also did an interview with some of us, just before the concert. That was fun too.)

No comments: