Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What to do, what to do?

Someone apparently saw a Bahro place the stone that links to Ae'gura in our 'hoods. I have yet to get my hands on any of the KI-shots in question, but I do not doubt Tweek's word in this; if he says he has copies of the shot, I believe him.

This leaves me with several connundrums to dither over. I am about to go on vacation, and traveling by airplane with my Relto book always makes me very nervous. The TSA is as draconian as any organization I've ever seen, and while I've no doubt that my book can stand up to an x-ray machine or anything else that the TSA might try to examine it with, I worry that some over-inquisitive under-paid person will paw through my book and inadvertantly touch the Linking Panel.

That would be very, very bad.

It would be worse if it got confiscated.

And obviously, I'm not going to check my book. With 6.5 pieces of luggage getting lost for every 1000 travelers, there isn't any chance of that.

So previous to now, I have left Relto at home in a safe place and traveled without it. (I know if I'm ever on a plane that gets hijacked, I will be kicking myself for that, but the likelihood of getting hijacked seems pretty small compared to the likelihood that the TSA will be overzealous and stupid about my book.)

Also, there's the problem of getting back to wherever I link out of. Jishin will let me borrow her link back to the canyon south of her house, I know, but I don't know of any links back to the surface near where I'm going to be traveling prior to that, and while it is substantially closer to the Cleft than I normally would be...it's still a three hour drive.

However, if the Bahro are appearing in the Cavern and Doing Things... This is a bad time to be without a way down to the Cavern.

Decisions, decisions, and always the question - did I make the right one?

No comments: