So, first of all, I have a new KI, complete with a new number, as apparently the Shriek broke all the KIs not in the dispenser. (Laxman says that it didn't crack the lattice. I am of the opinion that it did crack the lattice, he's fixed it, and he tweaked the KI dispenser to cover the break - but right now, I'm not sure I trust the DRC as far as I can throw them.)
Second, the DRC has freaked out and blocked off a whole lot of everything, including the Community Room in the 'hood, and most of the City. "The unstable parts of the City," my eye. We've been in and out of that chunk of the City for the last two years, and it's stood up to us, how unstable could it be? Argh, it's like having parents that you can't get rid of. It's not like we're not responsible adults or anything.
So, a litany of the broken. The fountain is off. The second imager is missing, as is the Ayoheek table (did I just end up in an older 'hood, perhaps?) and the place looks...well, bleak. I heard the water start to fail in the fountain yesterday, before the Shriek hit, but I thought it was just me.
And nobody seems to know why the Bahro screamed yet. (But there is a lot of fallen desbris - a LOT of fallen desbris.)
Kodoma said Laxman noticed the weirdness just before it hit - that was the source of his 'What the--' from the meeting - but the DRC have been in such a habit of not telling us things that I don't believe that's all of it. You'd think they'd realize that honesty will win them more friends...maybe they don't care. But with only four of them, surely they could use our help?
I give up. My patience is already shot straight to heck by the office holiday party and a whole lot of other surface political crap, I'm going to give it a day or two to calm down before I go back down there by myself. The City is still standing, it doesn't need me to help dig it out right now. I'll do something with myself that doesn't involve screaming Bahro or cryptic messages from Laxman or figuring out what's busted in the 'hood's plumbing.
Note to self: plumber's snake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment